Among all of these cool tools the best by far is just google groups in general. You can connect with specific groups of people, communicate to everyone via e-mail, share calendars and documents and discussions. I have found it pretty useful to have with groups of people I know. Being informed, sharing and staying connected is just this easy: check your gmail.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Technological tools of collaboration
So recently I have discovered beautiful uses of technology. With a gmail account the whole world opens up to you. You can connect your own life (e-mail, calendars, blogs/websites you follow), and connect with others (google groups). AND within all of this there are cool little tools like google docs which I have been using to save and convert documents sent to me from classmates (I can save them here always accessible on either a mac or a PC, and it doesn't take up room on my computer). Another cool tool I have just found is the google wiki sidebar. You can comment on any website and read other's comments. Like having a human being's input as you search the web. Pretty cool, but kind of too much for me.... you can make a profile and everything and I don't want to do that. Not everyone searching the web is my friend, sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree...google is awesome! and there is so much you can do. I also agree that sometimes there are almost too many things and options to use technology. Sometimes people also use too much technology and make things more complicated than they need to be. And others (namely my hlth 320 professor) still use overheads...
ReplyDelete